Congrats! Maybe you’ve just received your first Cricut machine, taken it out of the box, and now wondering what to do with it?? Or you’ve had your Cricut for a while now and have only made cards with it and thinking “I need some new Cricut ideas”?? Or maybe you don’t own a Cricut yet, but wondering about this machine and what it can do for you?? No matter which one you are, you have landed in the right place!
What is a Cricut Cutting Machine?
- The Cricut Explore is your personal DIY cutting machine. You can make custom vinyl stickers/decals, personalized home decor, unique greeting cards, custom designed apparel, amazing gifts and more!
- You can upload almost any image for free to cut or print. Or you can pay a small fee for access to Cricut All Access.
- With Cricut Design Space, you can design your own cut files from anywhere you have Wifi. It is a simple and easy to use free program!
- Cuts tons of materials including basic and specialty Vinyl colors, Heat Transfer Vinyls, Cardstock, Faux Leather, Adhesive Foils, Specialty Paper, Poster Board, Fabric and more!
For more information, please check out the Cricut Explore homepage by clicking here!
If you’re wondering if it’s worth the money, you can read my Cricut Explore review here.
Cricut Gift Ideas
One of the things I love most about my Cricut is that I can make personalized gifts for anyone. Everyone loves customized gifts either with their favorite saying, sports team, or their name. The possibilities are endless. Yetis, tumblers, bags, apparel, signs, mugs, wine glasses, tiles…. the list can go on and on!
For a list of some fun gift ideas and tutorials click here.
Want an easy and cheap way to decorate your house? Then the Cricut machine is your answer! My house is full of Cricut home decor that I made from old scrap wood or pieces I get from friends. It’s amazing to have your own unique decor in your house that wasn’t purchased at Home Goods or Target. You can be proud and smitten knowing how easy it is to make home decor when you own a Cricut!
Click here to view cricut home ideas and tutorials!
Easy Cricut Projects
Are you just starting out with your Cricut Explore and want some easy Cricut project ideas? Creating amazing Cricut projects just takes practice. It takes a while to figure out your machine. The Cricut Explore has made it easier with the preprogrammed blade settings. If you have the Cricut Expression, figuring out the settings was half the battle! I remember having to redo cuts so many times because they would rip or wouldn’t cut deep enough. Now, with Cricut Design Space that problem is pretty much gone!
Take a look at some pretty easy projects and tutorials here!
Cricut Ideas for Christmas
Christmas is my favorite time to bust out my Cricut and craft to my heart’s content! Making projects to sell, give as gifts, or use for decorations is so easy and rewarding!
Cricut Machine Project Ideas
The list keeps going on and on, right? Possibilities for Cricut ideas are endless! I asked some of the best craft bloggers around the web what their favorite Cricut machine ideas were and this is what they told me!
Find the full roundup of Cricut projects here!
Cricut Wall Decor
There are so many personalized Cricut wall decor you can make. You can paint a wood sign, add heat transfer vinyl to canvas, paint on canvas, make a chalkboard sign, etc. Some of these are pretty easy and some are better for people who have gotten used to their machines a bit.
Cricut Shirts and Iron-On Vinyl Projects
More amazing Cricut ideas have to do with using heat transfer vinyl or HTV, especially making Disney shirts! Cricut has Disney cartridges and Disney cut files in their store. There is no limit to the amazing gifts and apparel you can make for your Disney loving friends! You can also design and make almost any personalized shirt, pillow, or bag with HTV.
Click here to learn how to make Cricut Disney shirts including Cricut Design Space Tutorials on how to split the images! If you need help with a heat press you can find a tutorial here!
Favorite Apps and Websites to Use with a Cricut
There are a few websites and tutorials I use often when creating designs in Cricut Design Space. They save a ton of time!
- Wordmark.it – I have this on my tool bar! That’s how much I use it. You can enter any text you want to use and it will show you the text in every font you have on your computer! You just scroll through and you can click on some that you are deciding between and then it will show you just those. It’s a life saver!
- Monogram It app – this is a free app for making simple monograms. You can pay the $0.99 and get the full version which I have that gains you access to more fonts and monograms. I design it, save it, email it to myself, and then upload it in Cricut Design Space.
- FontLab Pad – I use this to attach my script words together. I just type in the words I need, select what font I want, download it to my computer, then upload it to CDS. It’s so much easier than trying to move all your letters separately to connect to each other.
- Melody Lane Youtube channel – Melody has tons of great video tutorials and resources for Cricut users.
- Inkscape – this is a free program that you can design SVGs in to then upload to CDS. I have a few CDS tutorials you can find here but I am definitely no expert. I learn from watching Troy Tube’s tutorials!
Where to Buy a Cricut Machine
This post contains affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for you shopping through my affiliate links at absolutely no additional cost to you! Thanks for your support!
There are a few great places to buy a Cricut machine and accessories!
- Shop at Cricut.com! Here is a great coupon just for you: Sign up for Cricut Access™ Standard and get 10% off all orders on Cricut.com and in Cricut Design Space™ !!
- Expressions Vinyl – they have a great assortment of all sorts of vinyl!
- Sometimes you can find deals at craft stores like Michael’s, Joann’s, and Hobby Lobby.
- Amazon – they can have great sales on Cricut machines and accessories!
I hope this has given you some great Cricut ideas. Like I said, the possibilities are endless once you get a grasp on what your machine can do. Feel free to scroll through all my Cricut projects by clicking here!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!