Hi Friends! Where are all the Cricut fans?? Me, Me, Me!! I love using my Cricut Explore because there are so many things you can make with it. It has saved me so much money because there are so many great Cricut gift ideas that you can make. My kids always know their friends are getting some kind of personalized gift! Personalized gifts mean so much to the recipient and you can make one easier than you think!
One of my favorite Cricut gift ideas is making personalized tiles. These can be made for any occasion and are a great gift for weddings, babies, new house, decor, etc.. They are easy to make so I thought I’d do a tutorial on applying vinyl to a tile. If you’ve read any of my other posts, you know that I love my Cricut Explore Air™ machine. This machine is amazing and can do so much. I use it on a daily basis in making all of my projects. If you don’t have one, I highly suggest making the splurge or maybe hinting at it for a birthday or Christmas present!! (Read my post here on why I think my Cricut is worth the money!)
Cricut Gift Ideas: Personalized Tile Tutorial
Materials you will need for this project:
1.The first thing is cutting out a design with vinyl or buying a decal. Once it’s cut, weed it. Pull the vinyl up so that the wording is left. Pull up (weed out) the little parts inside the letters with a weeding tool. Lay transfer paper on top of words and use a Cricut Scraper or credit card to adhere vinyl to transfer paper.
2. Clean the tile with rubbing alcohol.
3. Line up vinyl where you want it and secure it with painter’s tape.
4. Flip up and pull white paper off back of vinyl.
5. Flip paper back forward and use scraper or credit card to smooth vinyl onto tile.
6. Slowly pull off transfer tape and press vinyl down with finger to make sure nice and stuck.
7. Do same thing with all other vinyl strips. I line it up by putting a ruler against an object on the side to make letters straight. Tape it down and repeat!
Here are the finished products! You can add a bow or anything to spruce it up. What would you put on a tile?
If you need some more easy Cricut gift ideas, you can check out these following tutorials:
- DIY Personalized Journal
- Personalized Yeti or Ozark Tumbler
- DIY Glitter Makeup Holder
- Personalized Yeti or Tumbler
- Our Love Story Canvas Sign
- Personalized Chalkboard Sign
- Personalized Glitter Ornaments
- Customized Canvas Wall Art
- Wooden Signs with Sayings
- Etched Wine Glass or Vase
- Glitter Wine Glass
Thanks so much for stopping by!! Hope you got some inspiring Cricut gift ideas!
Want to save this tutorial for later? You can PIN it now if you’d like! Thanks so much!