Hi Friends! I love throwing birthday parties and more than that I love throwing birthday parties on a budget! I try to make most everything myself so I don’t have to break the bank celebrating my kiddos birthdays. As the kids get bigger, it’s harder to figure out a cheap and easy favor to give the guests. I’m not a fan of the plastic junk toys so I always try to give them something personalized that they will use. My daughter’s birthday was a few months ago and we came up with these cute and cheap DIY birthday teen party favors!
They are personalized glass jars filled with a luffa and body wash, but you could fill them with anything! These would be great for bridal or baby showers too, the possibilities are endless.
Items Needed for DIY Teen Party Favors:
- Glass Jars – I got mine from the Dollar Tree. If they don’t have them at yours, you can order a case of 24 and they will deliver them for free to your store.
- Luffas – again I got mine in a 4 pack from the dollar tree
- Little Bottles – I got theses ones from Amazon (click here)
- Shower Gel – any kind. I picked up a big bottle from Marshall’s
- Vinyl – I use Oracal 651 for lotion jars and Cricut glitter vinyl for the glass glitter jars
- Cricut or any cutting machine – click here for my ultimate resource of Cricut ideas
To add glitter to the glass jars, check out my step by step tutorial by clicking here. Design the names in Cricut Design Space and cut them with a Cricut and apply them to the jars. I used Cricut glitter vinyl for these and it was not easy to work with:( I fought with it a lot and screamed at it a lot so if I were to do it again, I would not use the glitter vinyl… Lesson definitely learned!
For the little bottles, I cut out the name of the shower gel I used with vinyl and applied it to the bottles and added a little ribbon at the top. Then I just poured in some of the big bottle into all of the little bottles.
That was it! I put the little bottle and luffa into the personalized glass jar (plus a few pieces of candy) and tied them in a cellophane bag to complete the teen party favors.
Cute, cheap, and hopefully something they can actually use, right? Thanks for checking out my blog!