Faux leather earrings Cricut tutorial with step by step instructions and a video tutorial on applying heat transfer vinyl to the earrings.
My latest project was making faux leather earrings since I have been seeing them all over Pinterest. I have gotten so many compliments on the earrings and they are so fun to wear. I made three different styles and even added some color with iron-on vinyl.
This is a quick project once you design the faux leather earrings in Cricut Design Space. There are also a bunch of Cricut earrings ready to cut out in Cricut Access.
Materials Needed for Cricut Earrings
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links from Amazon and/or Cricut.com. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my links (purple text).
Faux Leather Earrings Cricut Design Space Instructions
I’ll take you step by step on how I designed the mermaid earring. However, if you just want to make all of them click on the CDS project here. If you need additional help with CDS, make sure to check out my Cricut Design Space video tutorial series.
- In CDS, search “drop” under images. Click on it to insert on your canvas. Size it to however big you want the earrings.
- Duplicate the drop, decrease the size of one of them until it’s the size of the opening you want. Put them on top of each other and click on the “alignment” dropdown and click on “horizontal center”. With both images still clicked on, click the slice button in the lower right corner. Delete the insides that are cut out.
- Click on images and search “mermaid tail”. Click on the tail you would like to bring onto your canvas. Size it until it fits inside the earring opening where the bottom is touching and one or both of the sides. Once it’s the correct size, duplicate it.
- With your cursor, put a box around the earring and the tail that is inside of it. Click on the weld button on the lower left side. You can slice out a small circle at the top of the earring to put the earring back into. Or you can always just poke a hole through after.
- Now duplicate both of them. I like my earrings to face opposite directions, so I flipped the duplicates horizontally. Plus, now that I have one going each way I don’t need to mirror anything.
Cutting Out Cricut Leather Earrings
Here’s a quick video showing the next few steps. (If it’s not here, it is up at the top of the post!)Once you click the make it button, you’ll be ready to cut the earrings. Set the material for the earrings to “faux leather” in the dropdown menu. Place the faux leather upside down on a standard mat. And cut!
This was my first time using the EasyPress 2 since Cricut sent one to me to check it out. I loved how easy it was! It heats up so fast and I love the small size for these earrings.
Preheat the Easy Press to 265. Place the earrings on an EasyPress mat and place a teflon sheet over them. Once the EasyPress is at 265, press the earrings for 5 seconds with the sheet over them.
There you have it, easy and fun faux leather earrings Cricut style!
If you’d like to save this tutorial for later, hover over the top left of the image below and PIN IT now! Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a creative day!