Hi Friends!! We are starting to decorate for Christmas over here and since I changed all our decor to farmhouse last year I knew I needed some new Christmas decorations. I did not want to spend a lot of money so I scoured our local thrift stores and I ended up with some good finds from Goodwill and Snowline Hospice. Since we live in Northern California, we do not get a white Christmas so I really wanted to create a winter wonderland theme this year. I got quite a few artificial tree items and I knew I wanted to try to flock them. Do you know how to flock a tree?? This was my first time, and let me tell you it is so easy and quick to do!
Pretty good, right?? I was so excited to start transforming these items! Have you seen those pictures of all those gorgeous flocked Christmas trees? I kept wanting one but they are pretty expensive so I knew I could turn what I had into that beautiful snow filled look. Guess what?? I did and it is kind of addicting! I wanted to flock all my outside trees just to make it look like it really snowed! My hubby had to reign me in!!! I had to be satisfied with just my indoor decor but I am going to flock whatever I can!
How to Flock a Tree – Materials Needed:
- SnoFlock – this has been the best purchase I’ve made in a long time!!
- water bottle filled with water or hose with a nozzle set to mister
- tree or whatever decor you want to flock!
- First thing you want to do is get your tree damp. Spritz a section with a water bottle or a hose.
- Scoop some of the SnoFlock into the sifter.
- Then sift it over your tree. While the flock is falling, spray it. You’ll be spraying the falling flock on to the tree. I worked in sections. If your tree is big, do the bottom first, then put on the next section. Make sure the branches are spread out how you want them before you start!
- After you’ve flocked the whole tree, spritz or spray the whole tree to lock the flock on. Let it dry for 24-48 hours and it will be stuck and hard and ready to decorate!
This is pretty hard to take pictures of so I made a video tutorial for you on how to flock a tree!! Scroll down to the bottom to watch it!!
Watch the quick video tutorial to really see how easy it is!! This video is sped up but it only took 8 minutes to flock the 4 foot tree!
So easy and I have a ton of Snoflock left!! I have so much for to do!!!! What will you flock??
Want to save for later??? Pin it now!!