Find inspiration for sentimental gift ideas from around the blogosphere.
The latest tech gadgets will come and go, but gifts that touch someone’s heart will be cherished for a lifetime. You don’t need to spend a ton of money to make someone smile as they open your gift.
With this in mind, the concept of a gift that holds sentimental value with the recipient is literally the best way to go when you want to go the extra mile this holiday season (or really for any time of the year!). To give you some amazing ideas of sentimental gifts, I rounded up some of my favorites from around the blogosphere.
Simply click on the purple link to hop on over to the full tutorials. You might need to get some tissues ready…
DIY Sentimental Gift Ideas
- Make an adorable Christmas Ornament from a loved one’s old clothing from Cutesy Crafts.
2. Or an Embroidered Ornament with kid’s artwork from Swoodson Says.
3. Learn how to transfer a cherished Family Recipe to an oven mitt.
4. Remember how little your babies were this these sweet DIY Christmas Ornaments out of baby’s socks from Cutesy Crafts.
7. Family pictures like this Embroidered Family Picture Ornament from Swoodson Says are always great sentimental gift ideas for family.8. Any parent would love a Personalized “How Tall” Ornament from Kids by Destination Family Fun.
9. Get the kiddos involved in Making a Handprint Calendar from Joyfully Thriving.10. If you don’t have a cutting machine, this is a great alternative for transferring a Handwritten Family Recipe to a Tea Towel from Hearth and Vine.
13. I love this Thoughtful Mug Tradition from A Bride on a Budget.
14. Keep loved one’s pictures close by with these DIY Photo Magnets from Amber Oliver.
15. Another option for handwritten treasures is this Old Family Recipe Display from Walking on Sunshine.
16. Anyone would love a personalized Our Love Story canvas sign.
17. Another creative way to display milestones is this sweet Family Birthdate Sign from The Handyman’s Daughter.
18. Everyone can use a DIY Photo Pen Caddy from Confessions of an Overworked Mom.
19. Handmade is always best! Like this Handmade Photo Frame from Cookies, Coffee and Crafts.
20. Such an easy way to change display photos on this Grandkids Make Life Grand Sign from Where The Smiles Have Been.
21. Make an Accordion Book Travel Postcard from Shrimp Salad Circus to document a special memory in someone’s life.
22. House Key Memories Shadow Box from Shrimp Salad Circus is a sweet idea for any new homeowners!
23. Take someone down a trip down memory lane with this DIY Memory Jar from Strength and Sunshine.
24. Parents or grandparents would love a Fingerprint Necklace from Spaceships and Laser Beams.
There you have it… 25 sentimental gift ideas to make someone smile this holiday season!
What was the best gift you’ve ever received?